Basics of Noice Control
Mobility and Transport Engineering (B.Sc.)/6th semester
The lecture’s aim is to communicate an understanding of acoustical phenomena, noise generation as well as noise control and to give an overview over the most important basics and subfields. Supplementary to this lecture are elementary courses on measurement technology. In addition, aspects of the noise’s effect on humans and accordant legal regulations are addressed.
- Basicsof mechanical vibrations and sound fields
- Diffraction and refraction
- Hearing and psychoacoustics
- Sound fields in rooms
- Application in building acoustics
- Noise emission control
- Traffic noise
- Aircraft noise
- Legal regulations and standards
- Kuttruff, “Akustik: Eine Einführung” (“Acoustics: An Introduction“), 1st Edition, Hirzel, Stuttgart, 2004.
- Möser, ”Technische Akustik“ (“Technical Acoustics“), 8th Edition, SpringerMöser, Technical Acoustics, 8th Edition, Springer.