Forum: Building the Future
Wednesday, October 16, and Thursday, October 17, 2019
Rapid change due to digitalization and interconnectedness in all areas of life requires new, integrated thinking in the planning, construction and operation of smart industrial, commercial and residential buildings. The forum “Building the Future,” an interdisciplinary platform for top-class expertise from research and practice, seeks to address the associated challenges.
The Forum comprises the "Plan & Build Excellent Factories " conference, the "10th Aachen Assembly Conference", the "BIMconvention", the "Smart Building Convention" as well as the "Thinking Urban Factory" panel and thus offers a unique combination of five events in two days and one location.
The following top-class experts will contribute to the plenary program:
- Peter Arbitter (SVP Portfolio & Product Management, Telekom Deutschland GmbH)
- André E. Barten (Managing Partner, Achenbach Buschhütten GmbH)
- Alexander Britz (Head of Digital Business Transformation & Artificial Intelligence, Microsoft Deutschland GmbH)
- Professor Peter Burggräf (Head of the Factory Planning Department, WZL at RWTH Aachen University, and Chair of International Production Engineering and Management (IPEM), University of Siegen)
- Swen Niebann (Business Line Manager, Autodesk GmbH)
- Dr. Rawina Varandani (Head of Production, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA)
In addition to the talks and presentations, interactive workshops and panel discussions will allow you to immerse yourself in the topics under discussion, profit from the experience of co-attendees, and benefit from interdisciplinary exchange. In “Breakout Sessions” you have the opportunity to experience various demonstrators and best practices on RWTH Aachen Campus and at companies in the region. Extensive “Activity Breaks” offer the opportunity to examine innovative solutions on site and to exchange ideas at the trade exhibition.
Please note that the main langugage of the event is German.
|Where?||Eurogress Aachen, Monheimsallee 48, 52062 Aachen|
|Further Information||WZLforum an der RWTH Aachen |
Tel.: 0241 / 80-25324
Fax: 0241 / 80-22575