Acoustics is well connected to many other disciplines. Acoustics is multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary.
The figure shows the different fields of research that are connected to acoustics.
Activities in the core of “Acoustics” (airborne sound, structure-borne sound theory, measurement and computational methods, psychoacoustics) open immense opportunities for (interdisciplinary) research.
This way, the "Institute and Chair for Hearing Technology and Acoustics" is a central node of a network in all aspects related to sound and acoustic phenomena.
In particular, in the interdisciplinary areas of
- (bio)-medical engineering, in particular health care engineering (life-sciences)
- psycho-acoustics and auditory cognition in complex acoustic environments
- audio engineering, spatial recording and reproduction, and media technology
- mechanical engineering, in particular automotive and NVH engineering,
- civil engineering with focus on noise control, room and building acoustics, urban mobility
more...zu: Research Area Accoustics