Association for Technical Acoustics (GfTA)
Aims of the Association
The association for alumni, ex-members and friends of the Institute for Hearing Technology and Acoustics of RWTH Aachen University aims to promote acoustics in Aachen with a special focus on young talent amongst the well-trained and highly motivated acousticians. To achieve this aim the association raises funds and plans focused events by diverse ways and means
- Direct financial funding of student events like excursions, visits to companies, visiting interesting acoustics objects, seminars by supplying means for traveling and other funds linked to these events.
- Keeping in touch with graduates/alumni of the institute (IHTA-networking) for information on the professional aspects of an acoustician and chances for industrial internships (integrated practical semester).
- Promotion of particularly highly qualified young talent by awarding a prize for the best final thesis of the year at the Institute for Hearing Technology and Acoustics.
- Participating in further training opportunities for acousticians in employment.
- Encouraging contacts of graduates/alumni amongst each other. Regular reunions of alumni and ex-members.
Current Board (2017)
Chairman: Dr.-Ing. Gottfried Behler
Deputy chairman: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Janina Fels
Board member: Dipl.-Ing. Likas Aspoeck
Treasurer: Dipl.-Ing Rolf Kaldenbach
Office: Frau Karin Charlier
For direct contact with the association, please use the following email address: GfTA