Research Assistant - PhD
We regularly offer positions for PhD theses and dissertations. If you are interested, please contact us directly.
Thank you for your interest in working at our institute. As a rule, our positions are limited in time and offer the opportunity for a PhD. We regularly have vacancies to fill and would like to encourage you to apply spontaneously.
The Professorship for Hearing Technology and Acoustics at the Institute for Hearing Technology and Aoustics (IHTA) of RWTH Aachen University is specialized in: Auditory cognition in complex acoustic environments, spatial audio, psychoacoustics, and binaural technology.
We are a dynamic, interdisciplinary team and offer extensive technical equipment and advanced training in the latest methods of hearing research.
- Above-average university degree (Master or comparable) in electrical engineering, physics, or another relevant field and fulfilment of the requirements for admission to doctoral studies.
- Good knowledge in the fields: Spatial Audio, Acoustic Virtual Reality, Hearing Research, Psychoacoustics, Noise Research, Statistics
- Good programming skills in Matlab
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German (e.g. listening experiments with children and adults and teaching) and English (teaching, publications)
- Interest in fundamental research in acoustic virtual reality and its practical application
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team, as well as an interest in teaching and supervising students.
Range of tasks:
- Planning, design, implementation and evaluation of hearing experiments with acoustic virtual reality for auditory cognition of acoustically complex scenes.
- Research in acoustic virtual reality, individual binaural techniques, effects of noise, room acoustics, 3D reproduction methods etc. with children and/or adults.
- Publications in English in scientific journals and presentations at conferences.
- Supervision of students and assistance in teaching.
If you are interested, please send us your application with a detailed curriculum vitae (including information on research, teaching and project management experience), certificates and contact information for one or two references in electronic form (pdf).